June 7, 2023
Optical Training Institute (OTI) has launched the Optician Development Program (ODP). This career training program is designed to offer a comprehensive learning experience, preparing aspiring opticians to become ABO and NCLE certified, licensed (in applicable states), and for a thriving career in the eyecare industry.
Optician Development Program Highlights
• High-quality career training program for opticians
• Comprehensive course content effectively teaches opticians and preparation for ABO and NCLE
certification and licensure (in applicable states)
• Return on investment for opticians as they earn higher compensation after becoming
certified and/or licensed
• Benefits for companies providing access to the program, including talent development, employee
recruitment and retention and improved patient experience
OTI says the Optician Development Program offers benefits to opticians, addressing challenges often faced in other programs, such as dense textbooks, lack of support and outdated resources. ODP solves these issues by providing:
• Comprehensive, up-to-date course materials that are easy to understand and follow
• An engaging learning experience tailored to the needs of working opticians
• Support throughout the program, including one-on-one tutoring, office hours and coaching from experienced optician instructors
The ODP features three courses: Boot Camp, Spectacle and Contact Lens. Boot Camp covers fundamental topics, while the Spectacle course focuses on spectacle lenses, frames and troubleshooting eyewear. The Contact Lens course explores fitting, evaluating and troubleshooting contact lenses, along with patient education and care.
Other Articles to Explore
In addition to the courses, the ODP includes hands-on student support resources and services, such as personalized feedback, access to an online community and supplementary tutoring. All these features are designed to ensure that students have a seamless and rewarding learning experience.
Interactive Online Courses
The Optician Development Program is built on a cloud-based learning management system (LMS), which offers a customized learning environment for students. The LMS is accessible on multiple devices, including desktops, tablets and smartphones.
Distinctive Instructional Design Create a Motivating Student Experience
Students in the Optician Development Program also have access to the following support resources and tools:
• One-on-one tutoring with experienced optician instructors
• Office hours for additional guidance
• Active coaching throughout the program
• Flash cards, test banks and other study aids
How to Apply
Opticians interested in the Optician Development Program can visit OTI’s website at opticaltraining.com to
request an application and learn more about how the program can help them achieve their career goals.