EyeQue is introducing the EyeQue Insight visual acuity screener, a gamified 20/20 screener that combines a binocular viewer, a mobile application, and cloud-based service.
EyeQue recommends Insight for families, school administrators, group organizations and charities. Insight is suited for international use with support for 20/20, 6/6 and other standardized units.
The binocular viewer is part of an expandable platform, supporting future vision tests and applications.
“The Insight visual acuity screener is a major technological advancement in personalized health monitoring, allowing people to assess their visual acuity in the comfort of their home,” says EyeQue Optometry Advisor Careen Caputo, OD, MPH. “The Insight’s random tumbling-E chart provides a simple and accurate measurement of an individual’s visual acuity. This is a valuable benefit to patients, allowing them to check how well they see without correction– or with their current glasses or contact lenses.”
John Serri, PhD, CTO, and co-founder of EyeQue, noted, “There is a global myopia epidemic in part due to increasing time spent indoors and heavy use of mobile phones and laptops. The recommended annual doctor’s visit is insufficient in detecting the rapid onset of nearsightedness, which occurs in up to 40 percent of children, ages 6 to18. When caught early enough, mitigation can be taken, avoiding life-long burdens associated with severe myopia. Our goal is to get low-cost, accurate vision screening tools like the EyeQue Insight directly into people’s hands so vision changes can be identified early.”
Key features of the technology include:
• Screens vision for 20/20 to 20/400 in under three minutes, providing exact measures of single- and dual-eye performance.
• Creates a digital vision history– where a change indicates that a doctor’s visit would be advised.
• Tests the accuracy of current glasses or contacts, indicating when an updated prescription may be required.
• Instantly records and securely stores results, making data available to share with others.
• One EyeQue Insight can be shared with many people, making it a value for families and suitable for testing large groups.
The EyeQue Insight is now available for pre-order on Kickstarter, and set to deliver in March 2018. The product will be available for hands-on demonstration at the International CES show in Las Vegas, January 9-12, 2018.
For more information, visit www.eyeque.com/insight