Johnson & Johnson Vision has introduced ACUVUE VITA Brand Contact Lenses for ASTIGMATISM, a daily wear, monthly replacement contact lens with BLINK-STABILIZED Design and HydraMax Technology. It is designed to provide “consistent, clear, stable vision with reliable, exceptional comfort – all month long.”3
ACUVUE VITA Brand for ASTIGMATISM is the newest addition to the ACUVUE VITA family. Two-thirds of monthly spherical contact lens wearers report comfort-related issues, yet a majority (73 percent) do not tell their eye doctor about their comfort issues because many think it is “normal” and some even fear that their doctor might take them out of contact lenses.4
Astigmatism is an imperfection in the curvature of the cornea that can cause blurred or distorted vision. Symptoms of uncorrected astigmatism may include eye strain and headaches, especially after reading or other prolonged visual tasks. Squinting also is a common symptom. Mild-to-moderate astigmatism can be corrected through eyeglasses, contact lenses or surgery.
Nearly one out of every two vision-corrected patients has astigmatism in at least one eye,1 and full correction can provide them with improved visual quality of life.2 With the addition of ACUVUE VITA for ASTIGMATISM, the ACUVUE VITA family now offers parameters for nearly 96 percent of spherical and astigmatic eyes.3
ACUVUE VITA for ASTIGMATISM combines two technologies:
• HydraMax Technology is a non-coated silicone hydrogel formulation “balanced to help maximize and maintain hydration throughout the lens for reliable, exceptional comfort – all month long.” In a clinical study, more than seven out of 10 wearers reported that ACUVUE VITA for ASTIGMATISM delivers exceptional comfort at weeks 1, 2, 3 and 4.3.
• BLINK-STABILIZED Design designed to work naturally with the eyelids, helping to keep the lens in the correct position. In a clinical study, 75 percent of wearers reported crisp, clear, stable vision, even with head and eye movements.3
“It is important that when eyecare professionals prescribe a monthly contact lens for their astigmatic patients, they can be confident that the lens provides consistent, clear stable vision and exceptional comfort for a full month of wear – not just for the first week or two,” says Cristina Schnider, OD, Director, Global Professional Affairs for Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.
According to Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, ACUVUE VITA for ASTIGMATISM provides Class I UV protection, blocking approximately 93 percent of UVA and 99 percent of UVB rays.
Click HERE for more information.
1. Young G, Sulley A, Hunt C. Prevalence of astigmatism in relation to soft contact lens fitting. Eye Contact Lens. 2011; 37(1):20-25.
2. Nichols J, et al. A comparison of toric and spherical soft contact lenses on visual quality of life and ease of fitting in astigmatic patients. BCLA/NCC conference 2016.
3. JJVC data on file 2017. Subjective Performance and Clinical Outcomes of ACUVUE® VITA® Brand Contact Lenses for ASTIGMATISM.
4. US-UK-DE Monthly Wearer Experience (Leger Survey)